Rakaposhi Base Camp
There are numerous trekking options in Hunza Region and a trekking to trip to Rakaposhi base camp would be a moderate options for beginners and novice trekkers. We drive to Hunza Valley and then visit Rakaposhi base camp, staying in tents.
Day 1: Islamabad – Besham – Chilas
- We depart early and drive to Besham via Haripur, Abbottabad and Mansehra
- After a short break at Besham, we resume our drive on Karakoram Highway, along River Indus.
- We will make photo stops at Shatial Rocks with ancient graffiti’s on it.
- We reach Chilas and transfer to hotel for night stay.
Day 2: Chilas – Karimabad (Hunza Valley)
- From Chilas we travel on towards Hunza and on the way sightseeing at Nanga Parbat View Point and confluence of 3 mountain ranges (Karakorum, Himalaya and Hindukush) including the confluence of Gilgit River into the Indus.
- From here we reach Gilgit.
- We shall continue bypassing Gilgit and following Hunza River.
- We will have lunch stopover at Rakaposhi viewpoint and then will move on to reach Karimabad, the capital of Hunza valley.
- We will check in to hotel in Karimabad and stay there for night.
Day 3: Karimabad – Khanjreb Pass
- Today we will make an excursion to the Sino-Pak border at Khunjerab, crossing the villages of Gulmit, Passu and Sost en route.
- Khunjerab is the highest point on KKH at 4734 meters and considered as the highest trade route in the world.
- In the evening we will return to Karimabad and stay there for night.
Day 4: Karimabad – Minapin – Hapakun – Rakaposhi BC
- After early breakfast we will depart for Minapin, a small village and the starting point for both Rakaposhi and Diran base camps.
- From Minapin we will start trekking. A 3-4 hours walk will take us to small campsite of Hapakun.
- After a brief stop we will resume our walk towards Rakaposhi BC.
- A further 3-4 hours walk will take us to flower filled meadows of Tagaferi (BC), with superb views of Rakaposhi.
Day 5: Day free at Rakaposhi BC – Optional excursion of Kacheili
- Today is free at leisure to enjoy the beauty of Rakaposhi and the surrounding peaks.
- Optional hike to Kacheili across the glacier would be an interesting addition.
Day 6: Rakaposhi base camp – Minapain – Gilgit
- After early breakfast we start walking down to Minapin, we arrive and mount on our vehicles and drive to Gilgit and transfer to hotel on arrival.
Day 7: Gilgit – Chilas – Besham
- Return journey on KKH to Chilas, the place at the foot of Nanga Parbat, where hundreds of rocks are found with inscriptions, writings and drawings of old times.
- We will make a photo stop at Chilas and Shatial Rocks and continue driving to Besham for overnight stay.
Day 8: Besham – Islamabad
- From Besham we resume our journey towards Islamabad passing through Manshera, Abbottabad and Havelian we will reach Islamabad at our designated drop off place.
- Private air conditioned transport
- Accommodation in standard hotels
- Daily breakfast
- English speaking guide for complete tour
- Basic First Aid kit
- Late checkout, if different from standard checkout time
- Airfare for Karachi – Larkana and Lahore – Karachi portion
- Personal insurance of clients/luggage
- Meals other than breakfast
- Laundry, beverages & phone calls or other expenses of personal nature
- Extra expenses due to the acts of nature and political reasons etc.
- Medical aid, evacuation or extra expenses in emergencies
- Any item not mentioned above